chocolate stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miggs3030

Reaction score
I added some dark chocolate/toffee syrup from whole foods has anyone here used chocolate syrups other than herseys and with what results.

I have used bakers chocolate with success, but there's no sugar in it. Not idea how a sweet of milk chocolate would work.

Never used the syrup. I have only used the powdered bakers chocolate and chocolate extract.

I took a FG reading today and it was 1.013 my SG was 1.075 not sure of th ABV but this is my first home brew. I did take a taste since I can't put the sample back in, and it was pretty tastey. I did add some coffee just to lessen the head space in secondary, and it really came through I had the taste of some choc/coffee beer in my mouth all after noon. Also

Fermentation has picked up a little in the secondary because of the syrup I used don't know what affect this will have on the final bottle but todays sample gave me a smile

Back