Chinese Flow Control Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tap you linked is chrome plated brass not solid stainless like Perlick flow control faucets. Perlick does make non-FC chrome plated faucets for about the same price as the no-name model you mentioned, but your suggestion that its a deal at "half the cost of a Perlick" is a bit of an apples and oranges comparison.

I got some intertap SS faucets with duotight and self closing things coming in today but wont be able to mess with things till friday morning. Interested in seeing how they stack up against the factory kegco faucets.

No first hand experience, but they do not appear to be forward sealing like Perlick and Intertap.

They aren't and they will stick. I have 2 that are the same/similar to that model. I prefer my Perlicks and Intertaps.

They aren't and they will stick. I have 2 that are the same/similar to that model. I prefer my Perlicks and Intertaps.
Thanks, I think I'll hold off purchasing for now, but I have one sticking tap that is begging to be replaced.

I hate to say you get what you pay for, but if you spend the extra money on stainless Perlick or Intertap (I lean slightly toward Intertap but wouldn't turn down a Perlick), you won't regret it.

Back