ChillRite32 questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delt266

Reaction score
I picked up a chillrite32 chiller from an old Copeland's restaurant that closed down.. I've been trying to get info from the company that manufactured it (Chillrite32), but they seem to not care about getting back to me (called about 4 times). Anyway, my questions/concerns are the following:

Obviously the unit has capacity for 10 beers and the 10 or so beers they had on tap, ran from the walk in cooler and through the chiller to the tap heads. How do you think the glycol lines need to be run? There are 4 glycol lines on each trunk line (2 red, 2 blue) and 2 pumps. On the right side there are 2 dump/return lines, 1 red and 1 blue. The other 2 lines, 1 blue, and the other is just stainless (but was red) run in a single loop, as you can see the blue one in the picture.

top4.jpg

rightside.jpg

dumplines.jpg

Dump Lines

top.jpg

The above glycol line runs in a single loop to the other side. There is also a red one that does the same thing, but is buried with the main coil of stainless beer lines.

On the left side of the chiller are the 10 beer lines and 4 glycol lines. 1 red and 1 blue run in a single loop to the other side. that I just mentioned. The other red and blue lines come from the pumps. As you can see on the copper refrigeration coils there are 2 glycol suction lines that go from the glycol reservoir to the pumps. Very confusing setup... or at least for me since I'm new to glycol lol.

rightsideandcoil.jpg

top3.jpg

pumps.jpg

impeller.jpg

impellertop.jpg

leftsideandcoil.jpg

Back