Chilling after adding finings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Níl_fhios_agam

Reaction score
I haven't made a wine kit in a couple of years but a few weeks ago I put on a kit and got to the finings stage on Monday last. I am away on holidays for the next week and the ambient temperature in the house is quite high. I have a fermenetation fridge for beer, which is empty at the moment, and I was thinking of putting the wine in there at a low temp for the week I am away and then bottling on my return.

Does any see anyone issues with this? I was hoping it would drop out nicely, like my beers do, by I am not sure. Can anyone recommend a temp to set the controller to or should I have done this before I added the finings?

I've never made a kit. Only used clearing agents once, the two part one. From what I have read you should be fine at room temp. 40-50 degrees F should be fine as well. Or just wait untill you get back. It can set a week airlocked just fine.

Back