Chili Recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinnan5150

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm going to be brewing a saison in a few weeks and I was initially wanting to do a jalapeno and cilantro saison. I really like those flavors and I think a saison would be a good vehicle to incorporate them into a beer.

I brewed an habanero saison a few years back and it had a really vegetable taste to it so I'm thinking of scrapping the jalapeno as they are similar taste and texture wise to the habanero. Any suggestions on what chili's you all have had success with in brewing that would pair well with the cilantro?

I cook lots of mexican dishes. My favorite peppers to use are morita, dried cilies des arbol, pasilla, guajillo, serrano, and of course habenero. I have brewed with cayenne, habenero, morita, and serrano. All of the types I mentioned pair with cilantro when cooking. Why not a beer? :)

Hot spices, fresh peppers of several varieties we don't get a great selection this time of year so I have to go with what I can get. Onion, ground beer, sausage and BACON, lots of BACON.....

Hot spices, fresh peppers of several varieties we don't get a great selection this time of year so I have to go with what I can get. Onion, ground beer, sausage and BACON, lots of BACON.....

tell me more about this ground beer. haha.

I think guajillo will give you that taste you are looking for.

Back