Chicago Winemakers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerocd

Reaction score
There's a "winery" that went under and the guy is liquidating on Craigslist. Full buckets of juice for $50, cheap bottles, cheap racks, seems like a good deal for everything. I'm going for some juice on Thursday - he's on Belmont.

Spoke to him earlier - claims the juices are from Napa.

-OCD

Can you post a link to the ad? I just tried searching for it and the only thing I came up with is some guy selling tons of napa wine barrels for what looks to be cheapo (30 bux a barrel?). Might be the same place you're talking about.

Is there a reason these barrels are so cheap, or am I missing something? I mean, can these be used for storing/aging beer? or has the fact that they've had wine in them precluded them for that purpose?

The barrels are interesting BUT just looks like more work for me making planters and tables and benches around the house. Search for "wine cellar" and all his stuff shows up.
Wine supplies
I'm going Saturday morning now, yesterday just didn't work out.
Don't worry - I'm not buying it all.

-OCD

Back