cheezits...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiggs_casey

Reaction score
Love 'em... They need to develop a bacon / tomato flavored cheezit.

I don't mean coated in bacon & tomato flavor powder but, actual bacon bits...

Are you guys stoned? Of course everything benefits from bacon... :tank:

i'd be happy if they just threw a pound of bacon and a can of spray cheese in the box. everything can mix while i chew.

Love 'em... They need to develop a bacon / tomato flavored cheezit.

I don't mean coated in bacon & tomato flavor powder but, actual bacon bits...

Try making your own.

This is similar to a recipe I use. Just add some chopped precooked bacon and dried tomato bits. I think you are onto something :D I think I may try your idea soon.

Cheddar Cheese Cracker Recipe
1 Stick of Butter – at room temperature
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1. Preheat your oven to 325° and get out your food processor.
2. Throw all of those ingredients into the food processor and pulse until well mixed, about 10 times.
3. Dump the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and use your hands to bring it together forming a ball of dough.
4. If the consistency allows, roll the dough out into a very thin layer. Maybe 1/8 inch. If the dough is too loose to roll, toss it into the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Once rolled out, cut the crackers. You can use cookie cutters here if you would like fancy shapes, but I just used a pizza cutter for basic crackers. It’s your call.
6. Place the crackers onto a cookie sheet covered with foil or even better, a Silpat baking mat.
7. Bake for 11 minutes or until the crackers start to get just golden on the edges.
8. Place on a cooling rack until the crackers are no longer warm.
9. Agree to never buy cheese crackers at the store again.

Cheese it!

epbendergetsmade.jpg

brew-happy, that recipe looks awsome. but i prefer to make my cheese-its the same way they do it at the factory. First you stack a pallet of bacon in front of a pallet of cheddar. Behind those you put a pallet of saltines. One round house kick from Chuck Norris=cheese-it!

I love the Tabasco ones, but of course bacon needs to happen!

I love those! I remember while stationed in Germany somebody had a box of cheez-it's on an FTX and having to use the little tiny tabasco bottle they put in the MRE's to put a drop on the cheez-it before you ate it... Awesome! :D

I just made the diy ones and they are awesome didn't have sharp cheddar threw some parmesan mild cheddar and mexcian blend cheese it glorious!!!!

Ooo!

This makes me think of that Red Lobster biscuit clone recipe and how much better it would be with bacon!

AND WHORES!

Ooo!

This makes me think of that Red Lobster biscuit clone recipe and how much better it would be with bacon!

AND WHORES!

I was in process of thinking, "Ooohh! BACON!" Then I saw the last line. and darn near spit out my coffee.

Well, played, sir. Well played. :mug:

Back