Cheers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxMayo

Reaction score
Hello, you can call me Max.

I found your forum while searching the web for home brew equipment and have found a lot of great advice so far. I have zero experience brewing beer. I recently bought a starter kit from Northern Brewer after watching their youtube video explaining the process (apparently they think I can make mac and cheese without assistance). I love learning and hope to brew beer my friends and family can enjoy.

Cheers to everyone and I look forward to discussing beer and the brewing process with all of you.

Max

Welcome to our forums, Max!

Read around, and make notes.

First thing:
Regardless of what the recipe instructions tell you, you should skip the "secondary." There's no need for one, it only causes problems! Just leave your beer in the first (and only) fermenter, until ready to package. There are a few exceptions where secondaries can be used, such as bulk aging for over 2-3 months, sours, fruit additions, etc., none in the beginners realm of brewing.

Thanks Island Lizard. I noticed more than a few forum posts stating this. Luckily for me the kit didn't tell me to use a "secondary." After reading all of your posts I'll be skipping this step for sure.

Latest posts

Back