Cheers to Sunday morning Brewers!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going to start my process in about an hour... Brew, watch NASCAR, eat SWMBO's white chicken chili.. 'tis going to be a good day!

I almost always brew on Sunday mornings. Usually get started around 6am. Was going to today, but didn't make it to the LHBS and I'm all out of 2-row... Guess I'll just keg my IIPA today instead.

Cheers

Working on a Torpedo IPA clone today! ...with a few last minute changes. Pacman yeast instead of 1056, and throwing in some extra Citra at the end of the boil. :mug:

I am a frequent 6 am brewer on Sundays...wake up, start the panel to heat strike water, back to bed while it heats....mash in, make coffee. Finished by lunch. Swmbo likes it as well cause we still have most of the day left to do stuff

Mine is more of a start at noon, sometime around the boil me and my buddy open a new beer, finish around 5-6p and enjoy the evening

Brewing what hopefully will end up being my house Stout.

Coffee. Check
Tunes. Check
Kids driving me insane. Check

Need to add "wife and kids gone" to the Sunday brew checklist!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Toasting, "To a hard week of work"? I am just the opposite.

Nice looking beer. Good luck on the Stout. Brew on..

Cheers! I just finished an IPA recipe I "borrowed" from Northern Brewer.

11021259_10101011524504002_4035820844973224953_n.jpg

Wow, that thing is awesome!

My brew day went flawlessly.

Ended up with 5.5 gallons in the fermenter at 1.070. Pitched 2 Wyeast 1056. This baby is going to be big!

I am a frequent 6 am brewer on Sundays...wake up, start the panel to heat strike water, back to bed while it heats....mash in, make coffee. Finished by lunch. Swmbo likes it as well cause we still have most of the day left to do stuff

Cheers, Sunday morning brewers!

Sounds like something I would have written. Double batch of a Founders Centennial IPA clone today. 4 carboys now in the freezer, cleanup all taken care of and heading to the movies with the family.

The only way for me is get started early, and drink loads of coffee.

I just finished my #4 All Grain batch, an Irish Mint Chocolate Milk Stout. 5.5 gallons. the best part is that i finally hit my target OG of 1.071 for the first time EVAH! sorry, i am kinda jazzed about that little fact. carry on...

I just finished my #4 All Grain batch, an Irish Mint Chocolate Milk Stout. 5.5 gallons. the best part is that i finally hit my target OG of 1.071 for the first time EVAH! sorry, i am kinda jazzed about that little fact. carry on...

Dude, today I finally hit and exceeded mine too! Best efficiency yet. Was supposed to hit 1.065 and ended up with 1.070. This was probably my 8th AG batch. Really starting to getting my system dialed in and know what I can do.

I love brewing!

Cheers!

No brewing today. Too much going on this weekend. I am however bottling my pale that I made with Irish stout malt with centennial and Equinox hops. Smells fantastic! Really looking forward to this one!

Everyone have a great Sunday brewing and here's to a very well deserved week in the 50's! Bring on spring!!

Cheers!

Ooph, Late dinner party last night. European friends so drinks and apps didn't even start until 8. Still sipping coffee at midnight. Great wine, good people and fun but definitely put a crimp in my plans for an early morning brew. Not to mention that my head feels like concrete. And then there's the clock falling back, so no early morning brew here today.

Fortunately, it's not rocket surgery, it's *only* beer :) At least I got my starter going on Friday so I can pitch this afternoon. I got such a starter-krausen/blowoff from that Wyeast Wheat 1010 - don't recall ever seeing a starter blowoff like that before. Maybe it was the yeast nutrient, but I checked the amount three times and it was good.

Will be firing up the HLT for an American Wheat Ale by 10am!

Ahhhh, another wonderful Sunday.

Brewed the infamous Centennial Blonde yesterday and today I am brewing an IPA recipe that I constructed showcasing some Centennial and Cascade hops.

It's going to get to about 60 degrees today here in Columbus, Oh. Think we are going to christen the ole Weber with some gigantic steaks!

Here is the IPA recipe. Everyone have a great Sunday and a great week!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426442458.486356.jpg

Brewed up a smoke Scottish ale this morning on Sunday and looking forward to spring

Brew day went poorly for me. Missed the volume on account of extra boil off due to my SSR being toasted - luckily I went to check on it just before it boiled over. Mash tun tipped over spilling spent grain everywhere (thankfully no wort), hose ejected itself from second fermenter (split batch) when tilting the kettle to get the last bit.

Last week I did an overnight mash, morning sparge and boil just fine. Dare I say flawlessly? This time, not so much. Not a day I'd like to repeat.

Brewing Galaxy Pond Pale Ale this afternoon. Brewed it once before, but this time using less cascade, more Galaxy, and substituting citra leaf for the dry hopping.

Brewing Galaxy Pond Pale Ale this afternoon. Brewed it once before, but this time using less cascade, more Galaxy, and substituting citra leaf for the dry hopping.

That's sounds great! I've really had a hankerin' for some Galaxy. I'm going to have to put that on the "to brew" list.

I just failed at brewing a cup of cocoa. It exploded in the microwave. Perfectly in line with the rest of the day I've been having. Seems today is the day I'm cursed.

Dang-it! walk away for less than 30 sec to grab first beer of the day and it boils over a tad. 1st time I ever let one boil over.

Okay, so been there done that...I guess it had to happen eventually.

Time to start lining up the hops.

Man, it has been a long time since I had a Sunday brew day, or any brew day. It sure is a lot harder making time to brew in the summer than it is the winter! Just too much going on when it's nice out!

I found a Camp Chef burner at Cabellas yesterday on clearance for half off! Finally got the brewery out of the kitchen and it went fantastic. Brewed off a gallon and a half versus my normal half gallon on the stove top but still
ended up with 5.5 in the fermentor, not sure how I pulled that off but I'll take it.

I'm hot and sweaty and I think it's time for a brew before we fire up the grill!

Cheers all!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433699115.996868.jpg

Just finished my Dusseldorf Altbier about an hour ago. It's resting in a swamp cooler and I'll pitch a starter of wlp810 at around 60*.

Yes, Sunday is a glorious brewday!

Brewing up a 4.8% APA. half ounce warrior to bitter. Then Citra/Simcoe/columbus at 5 minutes and in a sub 175 degree hopstand. Conan yeast.

I am in my air conditioned basement though.... not battling the heat/humidity:mug:

Brewing up a 4.8% APA. half ounce warrior to bitter. Then Citra/Simcoe/columbus at 5 minutes and in a sub 175 degree hopstand. Conan yeast.

I am in my air conditioned basement though.... not battling the heat/humidity:mug:

Thats sounds like it will be deliciously refreshing!!

Latest posts

Back