Cheers to Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. Sounds like you have lots of experience and knowledge to offer.

What do you like to brew?

I love my too strong to be a pilsner, lagers. (About 6.2-6.8 abv)
And just made an amazing brown ale clone (Lonerider Brewery, Sweet Josie).

How about you?

That’s great. I enjoy both brewing to style but more importantly to personal taste. Your strong Pilsner sounds great. I mostly brew “traditional” non-IPA’s. I like beer flavored beer but not always perfectly to a specific style. We have a baby due in March so I’ve just finished up a light, medium and dark to have a full kegerator.

The light is a citra blonde ale. The medium is a cross between an American amber on a British bitter. And the dark is essentially a Schwartzbier with cool fermented ale yeast.

My favorite time of year is late summer/early fall when I tap several traditional German lagers for our annual Oktoberfest.

My best tip right now (never seen anybody else recommend it) is cooling down the wort after the boil.

I have a $7 baby pool and especially in winter, I fill it up with about 7 gallons. In NC - possible in winter for this water to chill down to partially frozen -VERY COLD!

Start with the garden hose and get it down to about 100°F.
Then I use a sump pump to pump this ice water in the kiddie pool thru the chiller to finish the cool down. The return goes back to the pool... So less wasted water.

Back