Cheers to Anheuser Bush

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born Brewing Co.

Reaction score
I was watching Fox New's coverage of Katrina Relief and saw that Anheuser Bush is canning water at the brewery and sending cases to hurricane refugees . They are white cans that say drinking water on them with the A/B eagle crest

ST. LOUIS (Sept. 2, 2005) – Anheuser-Busch Companies said today it will be increasing its donation of fresh drinking water to nearly 2.5 million cans per week to Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana. Recognizing the unique position the company is in to provide safe drinking water, the company will also be converting operations at its Houston brewery, in addition to its Cartersville, Ga., brewery, to producing canned water.

DONATION-CAN_sm.jpg

They did that for us during the storms last year.

I think I still have a 6-pk in the garage somewhere. I'll try to take a pic.

In a blind taste-test between bud light and the canned water, it would be hard to pick out the bud light. :p

Eskram said:
In a blind taste-test between bud light and the canned water, it would be hard to pick out the bud light. :p

I thought the same thing. ;)

Regardless, it was cool to see a beer company step up to the plate to help.

Regardless, it was cool to see a beer company step up to the plate to help.

I agree.

It was certainly welcome when I needed it, and my problems were completely insignificant to what is going on now.

Wayne Havens said:
Did they can water or just relabel the bud light?

Did the chicken or the egg come first?

The world may never know...

Back