Cheers from S. Philly!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisguz4300

Reaction score
Hey hey everybody,

I've been spending a bunch of time on this site trying to learn as much as I can and I think it's about time I made my first post and introduce myself. My name's Chris and finally got myself into the hobby. My grandfather used to do it back in the day and I decided to get into it as well. I snatched all his old brewing equipment and picked up some more of my own and brewed my first batch of beer, Brewer's Best Kolsch, on 5/5/10 and thinkin' about bottling that up by the end of this week. You guys weren't kiddin...remaining patient is the hardest part of the whole process!

So yeah, the learning process will continue as I read more and more. Eventually I'll step it up and learn some more extensive brewing processes.

Mabuhay and GO FLYERS!
:mug:

welcome. I'm fairly new myself, with only two brews under my belt. Just across the river from you over in south Jersey.
There's a nice little shop in south philly...Barry's Homebrew & Supplies. It's on Front Street...almost under the 95 overpass, right near Target & Shoprite.

yeah, I'm only a few minutes from Barry's and drive by it all the time. Kinda wondering where he's gonna move shop since it looks like the building his shop is in is being sold.

Greetings. I'm a relative noob as well. I live in South Philly too. Kick ass beer town, great beer to be had on tap all over south philly (Pope, Devil's Den, Pete's, etc...). Barry's has good prices. He's basically right down the street. perfect for the essentials one will inevitably forget from time to time (pretty cheap hops too). There's another hbs over on the 2000 block of Sansom, home sweet homebrew. Nothing wrong with either of them, I just go to Barry's 'cause he's so close.

Good luck with that Kolsch.

Welcome to the forum Chris. My brother in law lives in your neighborhood only a couple of blocks from Barry's (S. Philip).

Cheers...:mug:

Cheers, from another Philly brewhead. Now let that Kolsch sit some more before bottling! :mug:

Back