Cheers from Richmond, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoppaLeaf

Reaction score
I'm still somewhat new to homebrewing and have been gleaning knowledge from this site for a couple months. I figured it was high time I say hello. I've got eight brews under my belt since Christmas, most successes with a couple lesson batches mixed in. (I'm still learning obviously. Just glad to be over the sophomore jitters when it comes to brewing.) Happy to have found my new passion and have been trying to infect my friends with joy that is homebrewing ever since.

Cheers!

Thank you. Thank you.

Yeah, I got it pretty bad. (And by pretty bad I mean full-blown.) The wife gets this sad look on her face usually around Thursday: "Are we brewing again this weekend?" It's hard to say no when you've got an empty fermenter or carboy, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes to keep SWMBO happy.

You been to any of the James River Homebrewers meetings? We meet at Legend Brewing Co. downtown at 7 PM on the second Wednesday of the month.

Not yet, but I'd really like too. Have a couple other homebrew friends that also want to attend. Hopefully, one or all of us will make the next meeting.

Welcome from Lynchburg. Eight batches in two months. Darned impressive. Are you drinking it that fast as well? Hope the SWMBO sees some benefit from the endeavor.

Welcome from Chester.

Plus 1 on the James River Homebrewers, you can sit in ona meeting and decide whether or not to join, but you should find them to be engaging and friendly guys.

Hello and welcome to your next addiction!!

I am new myself, and a Northern Virginian.

I have brewed 3 batches in 3 weeks, but am on hold now with 2 fermenters full. Cracked my very first HB yesterday and was very pleased. Still alittle green maybe, but way better than BMC.

Enjoy!

Welcome! I can't wait to get back from this TDY in Moscow so I can get some batches started. I'll probably be in the same boat as you brewing almost every weekend, since summer is coming soon and I've already promised a lot of people some homebrew.

SWMBO is really starting to see the benefit of these endeavors as I've switched from brewing browns to her favorite: IPA. Batch 8 was transferred and dry-hopped on Saturday. Batch 9 was brewed up that afternoon, too. Both monster IPAs.

Out of the 8 batches we've only drank up two so far. (With a few bottles squirreled away.)

James River will be on the 11th or 18th this month? Is it legit to bring a few bottles for critique, too?

Back