Cheers from Manchester, CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djlunchbox

Reaction score
Hi all, just found the site here thru a random search.. I have no idea what i was searching for, must have been beer related, lol! I'm definately a beginner at home brewing, but i already love it. i've done 3 batches so far. all were kits bought at my local HB supply place. the first batch was done on a borrowed kit from my uncle, a 6 or 7 gallon kit that he recieved as a gift. it was a "american ale" kit. came out not bad, my fiance loved it. this second batch i did was a "amber" kit, i like it better than the first, and the woman thinks it tastes like earwax. :cross: guess i like earwax.. i just brewed my third batch a few weeks back, a raspberry witbier ( forgive my spelling), and i am waiting to pry into that. i will have many noob questions i'm sure , so don't be too harsh on me.. all these damn abbreviations are tough to understand, even after reading the threads on them. :mug:

welcome,dont worry about the noob questions everyone here is very nice do has much reading has possible has there is much to learn here.

i will do that, thanks! ( my black berry keeps going off with HBT emails, lol)

nice, what street? i grew up on gerald dr. my parents are still there. it's off of skinner rd. :tank:

Welcome welcome, Rocky Hill here. You frequent John Harvards? We should do an HBT meetup of all the central CT people on this board, there certainly is a lot of them

i have been to john harvards a bunch of times, but i haven;t been in a while. i do love the food, and honestly i can't remember the brews. i have family right on parsonage st across from the high school. as a matter of fact, he's the uncle that got me started in home brewing:D

i'd be down for a gathering at some point. once it gets warmer, i will be focusing on my keggle system, and my BBQ skills. ( i love that show BBQ Pitmasters). once i get my ribs down, i will be moving on to pulled pork. i was thinking of doing a BBQ and Brew day, but that will be later in the summer.

Back