Cheers from Davis, California.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krispy3d

Reaction score
Hey all. Thank you in advance for all of the direction that the knowledgeable folks around here will undoubtedly provide. This seems like a great place absolutely chock full of friendly people with a lot of knowledge. It is all quite inspiring, making me even more impatient for next brew day!

For the record, I'm also a shutter-addict and can't help taking pictures of beer and everything related to it.

Last, does anyone use that website BrewShuffle? It seems like a cool idea to me, but it's not exactly catching on with homebrewers, it would appear.

You hit Lodi... f*cking great, eh? And I thought BrewShuffle would be cool, but alas it never did catch on. I guess it doesn't surprise me.

It was, indeed. And I'm going to keep my shuffle stuff up and try to press it a bit to see if I can at least get it going in my neck of the woods. By the way, the hoppier version of the blonde I brewed and poured onto the 029 yeast cake came out a bit weird after the first taste tonight. Stronger hops and that Kolsch yeast character are really not blending all that well.

Doesn't totally surprise me, especially since that yeast really emphasizes the hops. However, it really needs to cold condition for a good 3-4 weeks before it is how it's supposed to be.

As for BrewShuffle... I won't even bottle for a comp! I wish I would, but I'm retarded. I like having folks over. This Saturday, I'll be brewing with 3-4 dudes hanging out. Just pitched into my starter.

Have you been to any green belt brewer's association meetings? I've been meaning to get to one of them ...

I haven't yet. I'm still filling the pipeline so I can show up to my first meeting with some decent offerings. October will probably be my first jaunt into the homebrew club scene.

Latest posts

Back