Cheers from Caledon, Ontario

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTACanuck

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been lurking on these forums since February and finally got to making an account a couple months back. I am from a small town North West of Toronto Canada and recently got the opportunity to brew AG for the first time.

I had been using these kits from a local wine store that was basically wort in a bag, add water and pitch your yeast. That was fun and all for the first 4 times. One day, my best friend's birthday was coming up and we happened to visit a buddy of ours that had his own full basement brewery, electric too! My friend turned to us and asked how hard it would be to copy Delirium Tremens. LOL well the rest of the conversation went from laughing about it, to getting the invite back on his birthday to make it for our friend.

And now I am hooked. I have done about 4 AG batches at my friends house with his electric setup and I am almost done on my own panel! I decided to start on the panel first as it was the most expensive part of the build and in a couple months I should be brewing at my house too.

Just wanted to share a bit of my story and how I got here. This is a great forum and has a wealth of knowledge. Its a treat to be a part of it.

Till next time, cheers!

:mug:

Welcome GTAcanuck, from a fellow Torontonian! (well, implant from the Maritimes). Be sure to check out Toronto Brewing if you haven't, great LHBS and probably has a lot more than your wine store.:mug:

Welcome GTAcanuck, from a fellow Torontonian! (well, implant from the Maritimes). Be sure to check out Toronto Brewing if you haven't, great LHBS and probably has a lot more than your wine store.:mug:

Hey, thanks! Yeah I realized very quickly that my local wine shop wont fit the bill for much longer. I have been by to Toronto Brewing, nice place. Been using Canadian Homebrew Supplies for all my grain bills as they are closer to home. (I dont like venturing into the city limits of Toronto, Brampton is more than enough for me lol)

:mug:

I think you'll find that Toronto Brewing has much fresher ingredients, and better overall experience than CHS in Brampton. It's been a few years since I trekked out to CHS, but Randy used to be infamous for his rude treatment of eager customers.

Also, I see you are from Toronto! Have you considered joining us over at GTA Brews? (https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTA.Brews/)

Latest posts

Back