Checkin in from MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NerdyMarie

Reaction score
Hey all,

SO I've had my 1st flame war here, posted a recipe, and added photos to my empty gallery.. probably time to introduce myself!

My husband and I started brewing last October. It was our second year in our new home, and the 1st year having to deal with a TON of apples on a giant tree out back. I woke him up early one weekend morning with the brilliant idea of making hard apple cider from it.

So he got up, we busted our butts to haul and juice em all, and bought some starter equipment. The cider was AWESOME, and we were hooked. We love brewing together!

He makes his own beer (all grain), and we make wines, ciders, and meads together. It's fun to plan our brews, go shopping, actually make it... and of course, enjoy the finished product. We've made some pretty awesome stuff so far, and we're only just over a year in!

So... man, aside from how we got into it, now sure what all to put here. LOL. Looking forward to learning more here!

West suburbs! You?

(Not that you asked me ... but we're all Minnesota Nice here :)

I grew up in Golden Valley (and called MN home for about 22 years). While I don't miss the winters (much), I do look forward to moving back someday (soon).

Happy brewing!

Robert.

(Not that you asked me ... but we're all Minnesota Nice here :)

Urm.. yea... about that....

I'm actually Canadian, and I TOTALLY do not engage in that "Minnesota Nice" deal. 100% straightforward here, that passive aggressive stuff drives me INSANE!!!

Urm.. yea... about that....

I'm actually Canadian, and I TOTALLY do not engage in that "Minnesota Nice" deal. 100% straightforward here, that passive aggressive stuff drives me INSANE!!!

HA HA HA! Yes, there is a LOT of passive-aggressiveness here (as in MN)...

HA HA HA! Yes, there is a LOT of passive-aggressiveness here (as in MN)...

Ya know, there was recently a bunch of traffic on my Twitter feed, people buying these shirts that say "I'm MN Nice!"

I strongly - STRONGLY - considered having one made that says "I'm Canadian Badass".

Seriously though, nice is good... but doesn't need a qualifier. Unless a person is rude, lies to me, or screws me over some how, I'm QUITE nice. I don't get the "Minnesota Nice" thing, as it relates to those shirts. Reading the traffic, they're not using it ironically, you know? Like they are using "MN Nice" to mean "nice". Like.. NICE is nice. "_____ nice" implies something other than nice, a bastardized version of nice. Ya know?

Sorry for ranting :) Huge pet peeve of mine, LOL!

Maple Grove is in the house.

Welcome NerdyMarie, the apple cider sounds awesome, especially from your own tree. I make a pear hefeweizen from the tree in my backyard. Can't beat brewing with ingredients grown in your own yard.

Maple Grove brewer here as well :rockin:

Ya know, there was recently a bunch of traffic on my Twitter feed, people buying these shirts that say "I'm MN Nice!"

I strongly - STRONGLY - considered having one made that says "I'm Canadian Badass".

Seriously though, nice is good... but doesn't need a qualifier. Unless a person is rude, lies to me, or screws me over some how, I'm QUITE nice. I don't get the "Minnesota Nice" thing, as it relates to those shirts. Reading the traffic, they're not using it ironically, you know? Like they are using "MN Nice" to mean "nice". Like.. NICE is nice. "_____ nice" implies something other than nice, a bastardized version of nice. Ya know?

Sorry for ranting :) Huge pet peeve of mine, LOL!

i never really understood the whole minnesota nice thing either when i was younger. Grew up south of the cities near red wing and now im living in duluth. but when i go to either coast the people seem less humble to put it nicely. also one thing i've noticed is that when youre out walking in a park or something it isnt unusual for someone walking past to say hello but i havent observed this much other places.

i never really understood the whole minnesota nice thing either when i was younger. Grew up south of the cities near red wing and now im living in duluth. but when i go to either coast the people seem less humble to put it nicely. also one thing i've noticed is that when youre out walking in a park or something it isnt unusual for someone walking past to say hello but i havent observed this much other places.

Eh, just stuff I've gotta get used to, ya know?

Back