Cheapest i found STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal indeed! :yes:

For U.S. customers: $6.69 + $0.44 shipping. There are a couple discount coupons as well.

If you already received yours would you care to take one apart -(easy to do with out breaking the unit) and report back on the version number printed on the pcb?
No problem it says its a V2 if that is of help. I thought it must be as you can set F2 down to 0.1c.

Can you compare your board to the ones in this thread? I'm trying to determine if these new units can be flashed to run the STC1000+ software https://github.com/Emile666/stc1000_stm8

Here you go, its different.
DSC_2152.JPG

Thanks, Can you take a picture of the other side, The IC, and both sides of the display pcb? I'm trying to Identify the IC chip and see if there is a row of contact points that can be used to flash the unit.

I picked one of these up on a lark. Took about 17 days to receive in the US. Now, for $7, this is incredible value, but keep in mind the parts used on these have to be the absolute cheapest, lowest quality parts available on the planet to meet that price point. And that's including shipping half way round the world! At the very least, you may want to consider changing the green high voltage capacitor (4.7uF/400V) for something respectable. Digikey has the the Nichicon ULD series in this size for $1. I'd also change the other caps, though not as critical, any 105 oC "long life" capacitor of equal value will do. These all should also cost under $1 total. So for another $2, you have drastically increased the unit's reliability. I'd next consider replacing those relays, but let's not get too complicated here, it's only beer, not a life support system. Oh, and Digikey offers free shipping if you mail in a check to pay for your order (though you must also add in tax), you can just fill out the attached form, mail it in, and the items ship for free.

4.7uf/400V
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/nichicon/ULD2G4R7MPD1TD/493-13883-1-ND/4695280

Attachments

• Digikey Order Form.pdf
    145.7 KB · Views: 73
Back