cheap pint[shaker] glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbgv

Reaction score
If you are as good with 'glass' as I am,cheap glasses are the only way to go..
My local Wal-Mart carries 'Anchor' brand...the model called "Belle' is a close 'shaker'..17 oz and only $7.97 per 12 glasses !!..a dozen should last me less than 6 months before they get 'Humpty-Dumpty' syndrome..

Wally World also has truncated cone, 22 oz Imperial Pint glasses in polycarbonate for less than $2. I can't even break those when I'm drunk.

:mug:

I can't do plastic with beer, but with soda - plastic is ok.

However - I'm a huge clutz.

My beer glasses are from the dollar store. Not fine glassware by any means, but few tears are shed when the glasses grow legs and jump out of my hands (or off the counter...)

Wally World also has truncated cone, 22 oz Imperial Pint glasses in polycarbonate for less than $2. I can't even break those when I'm drunk.

:mug:

How do you like the polycarbonate glasses? Do they scratch easily? I looked at them but did not buy them.

The Anchor Hocking glasses at Wal-Mart are not too shabby. I picked up a few of the 1 litre mugs for Oktoberfest. Very substantial glass.

My pints are all brewery pints though.

The Anchor Hocking glasses at Wal-Mart are not too shabby. I picked up a few of the 1 litre mugs for Oktoberfest. Very substantial glass.

My pints are all brewery pints though.

x2 Those 1 litre mugs are almost indestructible. I droped mine countless times onto cement without breaking (I don't recommend trying it with yours though).

I also have some of the pilsner glasses from walmart $5 a 4 pack and they are pretty nice.

I buy brewery-embossed "pint" glasses from thrift stores when I find them.

I buy brewery-embossed "pint" glasses from thrift stores when I find them.

+1

Make a habit of hitting the local goodwill/salvation army on your way home from work once a week. You'll end up with a pile of cool beer glasses from various defunct breweries.

Back