CHEAP Kettle -

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decent price for SS - but I am going the keggle rout for 10g batches.

Good way for a 5g batch brewer to go full boil.

I got mine off amazon... 7.5 gallons SS, 4 rivets per handle, two layer bottom works almost like a heat exchanger. Boiled 5 gallons on my bayoi classic in about 15 minutes. Excellent pot for the money... It was 75 bucks plus shipping, however it appears to be sold out. Only problem is that its about as tall as it is wide, so we have had to up our boil volumes to ensure the hops are saturated efficiently.

I was going to buy the one from overstock, but this was a little nicer, and with a SS lid, I'm going to build a sparge arm into the lid.

Lanfox- Why couldnt you have posted those links a month ago when I was shopping!!! The bayou is fairly nice, but I tend to dislike pots that have any sort of shape in the walls. They tend to color "misc. crap" and make cleaning a pain...

The other looks nice, but for 5 gallon boils, i felt that the 35 quart was a little safer for boil-overs.

Still both are very nice pots and would make a great improvement to almost anyones brew setup.

Back