Cheap Ail Pails

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RigorHillRyan

Reaction score
Just wanted to post this as a heads up for those who are in the market for an extra Ail Pail, and, like me, don't trust themselves to make their own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260987537053

Guy is sellin' em for $25 shipped (pretty good, since my LHBS charges an ungodly $60 for extra pails). I grabbed one because I'm sick of not being able to brew more when I have a high grav in the works. :cross:

Cheers. :mug:

$60 for an ale pale? That is insane. My LHBS is somewhere around $18 with a drilled lid.

Used for dough Im guessing?

$60. It's weird because nothing else there is overpriced. It's like they're trying to make their nut off extra pails alone. I mean the premium BB starter kit is $124.

Since we're on the subject though, what is the best way to go about getting one for free?

Used for dough Im guessing?

$60. It's weird because nothing else there is overpriced. It's like they're trying to make their nut off extra pails alone. I mean the premium BB starter kit is $124.

Since we're on the subject though, what is the best way to go about getting one for free?

Frosting and fillings mostly (chocolate, cherry pie filling etc). The only buckets you don't want are pickles. You'll never get that smell out.

All you have to do is go in to your local bakery (even at the grocery store) or donut shop and ask if they're throwing out any frosting or filling buckets. If you're worried about a stain or fruit smell, just give them an overnight soak in oxyclean free or PBW.

Latest posts

Back