Changing water profile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phlyborn

Reaction score
This weekend will be the first time I'm attempting to alter my waters profile. I received my test results from the lab and plugged the numbers into beersmith.
My question is should I just add the minerals into the mash water say 6gal or does the sparge water need to be included 4.2gal, totaling 10.2gals? I don't have a vessel to hold all of the water at once so it would be easier to just add it to the mash water which is what I'm assuming gets done.

I use salts in the mash to adjust pH and the kettle to adjust to taste. Adjust sparge water pH with acid because some salts will only dissolve in the mash/wort.

Check out BruN Water. He has a Facebook and if you donate $10 or something like that he will give you a VERY detailed slreadsheet compared to the free one apparently. With the spreadsheet you can see what the water profile becomes when you split it between strike and sparge water.

Latest posts

Back