Changing Vinator StarSan, how often?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmick

Reaction score
Finally got a vinator in the hopes that it will shave some time off of bottling day. Question is, how often (bottle-wise) should I swap out the StarSan in there? Seems like it can't be great to be washing bottles with sanitizer that has washed other bottles for the whole lot (50). Anyone know what the best practice is for this?

Well, I don't use mine to wash the bottles, but to sanitize them. I dump it out when I'm done bottling for the day. No need to swap it out while doing the same batch. It's no different then filling a bucket with star san and dunking the bottles in it.

You should be fine for all of your bottles for the day so long as your bottles are clean before you sanitize. I make it a point to rinse all of my bottles well whenever i finish a beer...well, except for the few that missed when ive had a few to many :). If the bottles are free of crud, the sanitizer is just insurance that you kill any bugs that may be lurking in them. Cheers.

Sent from my dumbphone using HB

Back