Changing a CornyKeg Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omega3

Reaction score
I believe that there is something wrong with the gas side post, causing a slow leak and I have already replaced the o-ring and I want to change the post out. The real question is "would it be wise to change the post out while there is beer in the keg."

I believe that there is something wrong with the gas side post, causing a slow leak and I have already replaced the o-ring and I want to change the post out. The real question is "would it be wise to change the post out while there is beer in the keg."

Sure, why not? I mean, don't sneeze down into the diptube or anything but I don't know why it would be an issue.

Make sure you pull the pressure relief valve to depressurize the keg first, and then go ahead and take it off.

StarSan in a spray bottle is your friend for situations like this and many others...

make sure you take the post with you or verify it's the correct post for your manufacturer of the keg

there are a couple different gas posts for ball lock kegs with different diameters

I just a little to late with the size posting I'm going to have to return the ones I got.

Did you try replacing the poppets?

This, or at least cleaning them. Unless there is visible damage to the post, what would you gain from a replacement. Use a leak detector, the problem could be with a leaky quick connect. When you find your leak and if it's a bad post, then yeh it can be replaced mid-keg, just degas and replace.

Latest posts

Back