Cereal Killer issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamsdealer

Reaction score
Been having some issues with my grain mill over the last year. Probably did 75 or so batches and it performed great, now I'm having to set the gap wide and double crush for my grain to feed. Cleaning the rollers doesn't seem to help the issue.

Anyone have a number or website for them? The first few pages on a google search only turned up reviews and websites for purchasing. I was going to call to see if I could get a new set of rollers as mine must have worn out. I'm wondering if malted oats have a tougher husk as I started noticing the issue around the same time I started brewing with them?

Thanks for any info.

I have one. Probably have about 60 of my own batches through it and 15 or so for my friend and no issues. I believe its manufactured by adventures in homebrewing actuallyThese guys. So I would start there. They seem to be pretty good about getting issues handled/fixed. Good luck!

Thanks. Bought it from them, but wouldn't have thought they were the mfr since its sold through a bunch of other stores and websites.

Thats kind of what I thoughtoo, but based on everything I read online when purchasing more or less pointed to them as the go to guys. Even it tuns out that they arent, hopefully they can point you in the right direction

I have one. Probably have about 60 of my own batches through it and 15 or so for my friend and no issues. I believe its manufactured by adventures in homebrewing actuallyThese guys. So I would start there. They seem to be pretty good about getting issues handled/fixed. Good luck!
They are actually just the same generic chinese Mills sold as kegco and no name Mills on amazon, eBay and AliExpress .. Aih were I got mine just has a wooden base made in the states added along with branding from what I can tell.

Some of the parts appear to be from the same manufactuerers that make some barley crusher parts. The difference is the BK uses real bearings and hardened steel rollers.
I've had no issues with mine in 4 years but I did have a bit of a learning curve when learning how important having both cams adjusted in the same direction equally.. The rollers in mine aren't 100 eccentric and I have to adjust mine with a credit card and roll the rollers and double check the adjustment to make sure the rollers don't bind against the mill sidewalls.
I fought with this for a couple uses until I figured out that dispite the markings on the side being even the cams we're not.

Mine is motorized with a pulley belt setup

Used to have a BC in the shop I part-time at. After about 18-months of homebrew shop use we wore down the knurling enough that it just did not want to grab the grain very well. We bought a second set of rollers that lasted another 18 months or so. Finally we upgraded to a crank-n-stein 328D three roller which has been going strong for a good 3 years.

Used to have a BC in the shop I part-time at. After about 18-months of homebrew shop use we wore down the knurling enough that it just did not want to grab the grain very well. We bought a second set of rollers that lasted another 18 months or so. Finally we upgraded to a crank-n-stein 328D three roller which has been going strong for a good 3 years.
Yeah thats typical of the barley crusher.... The thing is we are talking about a cereal killer mill here which really is a different mill with hardened rollers and bearings unlike the mill your talking about. This is the only thread Ive really seen complaining about the CK mill in comparision to the maybe 20 threads Ive seen about BC mills that stop working.

Back