Cereal killer bearings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithww

Reaction score
So I was trying to brew a imperial/Grand Cru of blue moon to day and my Cereal killer gave me more than a few issues. After giving up and tearing the Cereal Killer apart, the bearing on one of the eccentric cogs has seen better days. I ordered a 3.0 x 6.0 x 2.0 MM replacement, anyone know if that is the correct size.

I have not used it that many times, but most of my brews are twenty plus pounds and I use a drill to drive it, I'm not unhappy with the mill, just want to get it back up and running.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Kind of hard to as it is in a dozen pieces. I measured the post and the hole in the roller and got 31 x 61 by 20. I wrote that off to my cheap micrometers and my good ones are a a friends so I ordered 30 x 60 x 20 and hope that fits. I was hoping for a sanity check on my numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Does it have bushings or ball bearings? It seems that the older ones have bushings and the newer have ball bearings. I think an email to the manufacturer would be the easiest.

Does it have bushings or ball bearings? It seems that the older ones have bushings and the newer have ball bearings. I think an email to the manufacturer would be the easiest.

It is one of the first ones with ball bearings, i doubt a bushing would have failed. I have asked the retailer and have not heard back.

Still no idea what size bearings but AIH contacted me and they are sending a replacement for the failed roller.

Great customer service.

So it has been a while and I have run several batches though my Cereal Killer since I received the replacement roller, and all I can figure is the original roller had a defective bearing on day one. I have really grown to like this mill and the quality of grind it gives. I regularly hit mid 70s with my efficiency and with a little pre-wetting of the grain I can grind at .35 with never a stuck sparge.

Back