Cellaring canned beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrustyOlJohnson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, when I buy beer that is expensive and a style that tends to benefit from cellaring, I like to drink 1 or 2 cans and set the rest aside for a year or two.. which brings me to Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, a RIS. Does anyone have experience showing that canned beer cellars just as good as bottled beer? Or should I jus drink it all right now?

I don't know. I suppose if the can is lined, like most are today, it might be ok? You might be the person that does it first. Be sure to give some feedback in 1-2 years.

Local shop here where I lived had some ten fidy in a back stock room that had a good bit of dust on the cans. The cans were over a year old. They were selling them for $2 a can. So I bought a case or two, and it was just as if not more delicious than any other younger ten fidy..

Local shop here where I lived had some ten fidy in a back stock room that had a good bit of dust on the cans. The cans were over a year old. They were selling them for $2 a can. So I bought a case or two, and it was just as if not more delicious than any other younger ten fidy..

1 down, 3 to be cellared... Thx for the feedback

I work with a BMC drinker and had him try Ten Fidy from the can. He thought it was pretty good till I poured it in a glass. It them became undrinkable because of the color. Hah more for me.
D

Back