Cellar Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could cellar. I keep drinking all I brew 😄

I hear you... I'm just now getting to where I can buy something and not drink it. I usually pick up something special once a month and buy some other stuff I can drink immediately.
When it comes to homebrew I brew a big beer to age then I brew something else asap so I forget about the one I'm trying to cellar. Like right now, I brewed a stout I just kegged, then I brewed an imperial oak aged version of the same beer, and I just brewed an IPA yesterday so I forget about oak aged one. So I have a fresh keg to drink, and one in primary on deck. Just brew, brew, brew!

That makes sense. Last month a brewed my first big brew: a Barleywine. Since then brewed a dark ale and a a smash ale to get my mind off of the Barleywine (more over keep my fridge full). That cellar was impressive. The variety and the amount of inventory.

Finally got my cubes finished
Cellar1.jpg

Nice looking cubes! Laying down a bunch of homebrew wine?

I need to insulate a small space under my stairs to put my high value beer to stay cooler. Or start digging a hole in the backyard.

This was inventory from tonight. Reorganizing since I have been pulling from boxes, leaving numerous spaces in each one.

Also migrating all my cellar data to BEX for ease of use. Found a couple bottles I forgot I had, lol.

I might have a problem.

View attachment 1427083377431.jpg

Nice looking cubes! Laying down a bunch of homebrew wine?

I need to insulate a small space under my stairs to put my high value beer to stay cooler. Or start digging a hole in the backyard.

This was inventory from tonight. Reorganizing since I have been pulling from boxes, leaving numerous spaces in each one.

Also migrating all my cellar data to BEX for ease of use. Found a couple bottles I forgot I had, lol.

I might have a problem.

F**k the beer, ISO that couch!

I really need to start storing my glassware upside down. I gets old washing them before and after using.

Finally got around to organizing mine last week. All of the six packs are homebrew and are three or four deep. I moved a lot of beer that would age a while behind some of the singles ill get to when I can. Ive got quite the collection going now that i cant drink. Somehow not drinking OR buying was just unacceptable.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432294531.976993.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432294549.310629.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432294564.595206.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432294576.029468.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432294586.847469.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432294599.798610.jpg

Finally got around to organizing mine last week. All of the six packs are homebrew and are three or four deep. I moved a lot of beer that would age a while behind some of the singles ill get to when I can. Ive got quite the collection going now that i cant drink. Somehow not drinking OR buying was just unacceptable.
View attachment 279705View attachment 279706View attachment 279707View attachment 279708View attachment 279709View attachment 279710

Looks awesome man. I need to drink more or buy less too. My fridge/cellar is full and bottles are now starting to invade the storage shelves. I think they multiply while I'm not watching.

Looks awesome man. I need to drink more or buy less too. My fridge/cellar is full and bottles are now starting to invade the storage shelves. I think they multiply while I'm not watching.

Thats the best part about a cellar. If you're patient enough that problem eventually happens. Then you can drink like a king for a month and make room for more beer, but still have a hell of a stock of beer. I cannot wait till i can drink again to start doing that haha.

Are you getting them wet or feeding them after midnight? If not, you have to share your secret. I have two bottles of 2015 BCBS left that I need to copulate and have babies.

Are you getting them wet or feeding them after midnight? If not, you have to share your secret. I have two bottles of 2015 BCBS left that I need to copulate and have babies.

I think those are preemies because 2015s are not release yet to my knowledge. I got a set of 2013 still, reg, coffee, barelywine. I did not get any last year. Could but not paying 28 for a 4 pack in cali (there on vaca)

View attachment 279705View attachment 279706View attachment 279707View attachment 279708View attachment 279709View attachment 279710

If you cant drink anymore, I'll bring my truck and should able to take care of it for ya. I can get there in a day lol :D

Sucks you cant drink.

It was just a snack, they were hungry! But as long as they just multiply and don't turn into gremlins I'm good

Edit: ISO '15 BCBS and variants

It was just a snack, they were hungry! But as long as they just multiply and don't turn into gremlins I'm good

Edit: ISO '15 BCBS and variants

Keep your fingers crossed that the shop from before will have them out early again this year. I'm already saving up my pennies to squeeze every ounce that I can out of them.

Keep your fingers crossed that the shop from before will have them out early again this year. I'm already saving up my pennies to squeeze every ounce that I can out of them.

Yeah, next time I buy out all the vanilla and split it with you instead of leaving it on the shelf for you. That was dumb.

Brothers? You've posted pictures of this cellar before as your own.... :confused:

Mine, my brother's, same thing. It's in my brother's home, where I used to live also. My beer is in there, his beer is in there, our beer is in there.

I figured there was some connection haha

Because of him I always compare BA stouts to BCBS, and I always compare sours to their sour sisters. Long ago it was very easy for him to get BCBS each year. The past couple of years it's been a little bit harder as Goose Island has been cracking down on distribution, and exactly when it's available. Not that he ever simply gave us BCBS, we always paid for it (or in my brother's case, he would work on his Mercedes and Range Rover in exchange for beer), but now we always get it a few weeks after their release. Doesn't matter to me though if I get it on Black Friday or closer to Christmas. We're cracking open a few of the 2012 BCBS tomorrow morning (we have 20 bottles; more than enough to spare) before our other brother's wedding. :)

Moved the cellar boxes from my office to the furnace room (basement) today, for the summer. The AC running keeps it about 60F at floor level if the door is closed.

In the winter, they occupy part of my office (also basement) since I keep the electric heat set around 60F during the winter. I love having a separate climate control for my office. I thought a out installing a vent for a portable AC from the office; but that was quickly shot down by SWMBO.

Ended up finding more beer and need to find more boxes to hold it...

View attachment 1433799392899.jpg

Moved the cellar boxes from my office to the furnace room (basement) today, for the summer. The AC running keeps it about 60F at floor level if the door is closed.

In the winter, they occupy part of my office (also basement) since I keep the electric heat set around 60F during the winter. I love having a separate climate control for my office. I thought a out installing a vent for a portable AC from the office; but that was quickly shot down by SWMBO.

Ended up finding more beer and need to find more boxes to hold it...

I see 15 potentially empty boxes

There's only one non-homebrew beer. The stuff I buy tends to only make it as far as the fridge... Also storing all the empties awaiting beer.

20150711_144234.jpg

Back