Cellar Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mother. Of. God.

Seriously one of the most impressive cellars I've seen. And probably the most Bourbon County I've ever seen one person own. Did you individually buy all that BC or trade for it?

Bought it all, but at wholesale prices, which is nice. About 100 bottles, give or take. 2009 -2015. I think about 500 bottles total.

Bought it all, but at wholesale prices, which is nice. About 100 bottles, give or take. 2009 -2015. I think about 500 bottles total.

Did you get refunds on all the sour BCBS and variants from last year? I had over 3 cases of regular, but got lucky and kept them all in the cold fridge when the coffee and barley wine went to ****, so had a bunch of "sour" batches that still taste good. Unfortunately I tossed the few bottles of **** prop I drank before they owned up to putting out poor quality product.

Did you get refunds on all the sour BCBS and variants from last year? I had over 3 cases of regular, but got lucky and kept them all in the cold fridge when the coffee and barley wine went to ****, so had a bunch of "sour" batches that still taste good. Unfortunately I tossed the few bottles of **** prop I drank before they owned up to putting out poor quality product.

I got refunds for my barleywine and coffee. Sent in for the refunds on 16 bottles of regular, haven't received the check yet though.

Reminds me, i meant to put that case of regular back in the fridge...

I didn't send in for refunds. I'll drink them. I haven't had any that were bad. Probably could have gotten a couple hundreds dollars though.

View attachment 1475356502876.jpg

I just hit my first year and have quite a ways to go, but I'm to about 40 good bottles and 20 more ok bottles. Don't have a picture of my other tub. I was stoked when I realized it had been a year and I was able to purchase my first 2nd generation bottles! Edit: After going through all 42 pages of this thread I'm going to say I have about 10 "good" bottles, 30 "ok" bottles, and 20 "I'm only aging these because I don't know any better" bottles, haha. So impressed with some of these collections! Gives me something to aim for!

IMG_2411.jpg

Last edited:
Did a revamp of the cellar! Stained all the shelves and added lights to help see the back bottles. Also built a couple shelves for glasses.

20170430_151234_resized.jpg

20170430_151326_resized.jpg

Got myself kegs of bourbon county Barleywine, Gillian, pepe Nero, and grand prestige.

What do you use for temp and humidity control? I can see a time approaching when I will out grow my chest freezer cellar and am contemplating other options.

Probably 80-90% of it is lambic laying on its side, I did remove the bottom few shelves in one to stand up my higher end stouts/barleywine/awa/etc though.

Back