Caught the out post leaking.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mforsman

Reaction score
I kegged up a coffee blonde (mad fermentationist recipe) two nights ago. I'm serving it Saturday so I did a bit of shaking / rolling and hooked it up to gas the next morning. Went to check it tonight and noticed beer in the bottom of the fridge. It hadn't leaked much, but it was leaking. Put the Ball lock QD on the out and poured a few pints to clear the line. The ball lock fitting should stop the leaking correct? I believe the leak was coming from the top middle of the post (aka, where the beer is supposed to come out…)

I believe the leak was coming from the top middle of the post (aka, where the beer is supposed to come out…)

Which would be the "poppet" gasket gone to Beer Heaven.

Yes, installing a beer QD takes the integrity of the poppet out of the equation, moving the "weak point" to the o-ring around the post. If that's sound you're in a stable state....

Cheers!

It could also be that the poppet wasn't fully seated; I've had a poppet leak a tiny bit, but then when I poked it I could hear it "snap" into place and the leak stopped.

Back