Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO rescued this one from the cold the other night. Great, now we have ANOTHER cat. :drunk: Mean li'l sumbitch too. Tries to bite me any time I get near it, and doesn't really get along well with the other two cats. Seems to like SWMBO though. It cuddled with her all night, and made sure I stayed on my side of the bed.

possum-inside.jpg

Anyone here have any real experience with "hypoallergenic" cats. My research shows a few breeds that may be suitable. Mrs Baggins is allergic, but we would like a cat. Preferably one with hair. After doing some reading, I'm curious if anyone here is allergic and has one of the "hypo" breeds. They include:

Siberian
Balinese
Bengal
Burmese
Colorpoint Shorthair
Cornish Rex
Devon Rex
Javanese
Ocicat
Oriental Shorthair
Russian Blue
Siamese
Sphynx

I put hypoallergenic in quotes because my research shows none are truly hypo but that some are far less than others.

I have a part-siamese. Don't believe it's "hypo-allergenic."

SWMBO rescued this one from the cold the other night. Great, now we have ANOTHER cat. :drunk: Mean li'l sumbitch too. Tries to bite me any time I get near it, and doesn't really get along well with the other two cats. Seems to like SWMBO though. It cuddled with her all night, and made sure I stayed on my side of the bed.

possum-inside.jpg

Yeah, I saw your poster. Hope you find the poor kitty's owner soon!

found-cat-opossum.jpg

Seems slightly nicer than Bane Cat:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ywjpbThDpE"][YOUTUBE]5ywjpbThDpE[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

It is with heavy heart I come to tell of the passing of Bela. She was my Baby Kitten and founder of The Naked Cat Brewery.

image.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry to hear. The little buggers are very good at stealing a part of our hearts. I feel your pain and hope you are coping OK. My condolences

@brrman Thank You for the picture of Manny, he has fuzz on his nose and forehead like Bela.

Thank You all for the kind words. The passing of Bela has been really hard for us. She was more than a pet and family member, she was a healer and helped others going through sickness just by being her silly Sphynx self. On more than on occasion she helped cancer sufferers forget about their pain if only for a little while. She brought together many people who are all great friends still.

Every night like clock work, she would come down stairs and climb in my lap. I would pick her up and cradle her in my arms like a baby and give her what I called Budda Belly pinches. She would purr with approval and reach up and touch my cheek with her paw. I really do miss my Baby Kitten.

Gonna go ahead and leave these here for your collective enjoyment:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw"][YOUTUBE]fzzjgBAaWZw[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-P3l9ezaF8"][YOUTUBE]M-P3l9ezaF8[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

@cannman I give one this morning. Really sorry for you loss. Raising a toast to Mary with my coffee, will raise another this evening with a HB.

@cannman I give one this morning. Really sorry for you loss. Raising a toast to Mary with my coffee, will raise another this evening with a HB.

Just found out SWMBO took her to the vet to get euthanized, but brought her right back and buried her in the yard...

c73cf5538708b57ac3159130b2699cc7e67d871a38f8be03bb2540b3d0a979c9.jpg

Back