Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ultrasound was perfect. No cancer issues that the Doc could see. All internal organs looks great. Ionized calcium levels were in range (diff kind of test for it).

She's healthy as heck but losing weight. So has been put on GI hills
Science food to see if she won't get some weight back on.

So ultrasound was perfect. No cancer issues that the Doc could see. All internal organs looks great. Ionized calcium levels were in range (diff kind of test for it).

I'm glad to hear the scary stuff was ruled out. Maybe tweaking the diet will get her back on track.

Wow, that must be a load off!

You might look into a supplement called FortiFlora - it's a probiotic and it comes powdered in little packets. You sprinkle it on the food and they find it irresistable! It's getting my Pauli to eat more which is a good thing.

Glad there wasn't any bad news! :tank:

Awesome to hear skraeling. Looks like she was having some fun! I'm sure you're probably pretty relieved too.

In other news, I had my first "if I fits, I sits" moment today... Took the bowls out of the dishwasher, Lucy found them, and I out them back in haha.

I couldn't get her to look at me so she looks pissed but she was stoked beyond words

View attachment 1501824655730.jpg

LMAO
A cat that doesn't like square brown things to sit in.
Every time I bring a new box home, it gets "claimed" within minutes - size is irrelevant. One of my favorite pics is our gray longhair Pook sitting in an orange Nike shoebox, size 13.

Oh ya. 2 days ago I got a picture from my wife with that same cat in the Vita mix box that had just come in. We've bought a lot of dollars worth of toys for them and their favorite toys are always the free stuff haha

We've bought a lot of dollars worth of toys for them and their favorite toys are always the free stuff haha
Haha, kinda like kids at Christmas.
We have 3-4 beer case size boxes set on their sides around the house. As the cats are playing case they use them to duck into and use as a ambush point when another cat runs by.

OK, so buckle up.... this is a story. Please see exhibit A, Jasper:

We moved recently to our long term home. Some of the last things to pack were out cats. Leo, from OP, was super chill and couldn't care less about where we were moving him.

Jasper, on the other hand, will only let you touch him/ pick him up on his terms (stemming from our first major encounter that landed me in the hospital for 4 days). So he is upstairs and of course will not get in the carrier. So we as our Vet for a sedative.

We then have to put it in a soft treat (Pill Pockets) that the cat will eat. So to butter him up, I throw Jasper some empty treats and he gobbles them up. Now comes time for the real deal; Jasper takes one sniff and gives me the "F-U" eyes and doesn't touch the spiked treat.

I then decide that we need to get him out of the house and start corraling him. He jumps up to a window that is an open hole to the kitchen below and JUMPS. Scares the hell out of my mom and he then runs to the basement. We track him down and he has literally climbed up the basement cinder block and wedged himself between two floor joists in the ceiling.

So I got back to my Vet and she lends me a raccoon trap to try and get Jasper contained. Of course, no luck. At this point I am getting scared that I will not have this cat out of the house by closing the next day. I call my realtor to ask what to do, and she has no idea. I was the first person to ever say "hey I can't get my cat out of the house, what do I do?"

So I am uber close to selling my old house (cat included) when my dad decides to accompany me to the basement and get Jasper contained. We don leather gloves and broom in hand, we dislodge him from his subfloor perch. We then tackle him with an old bed sheet. We this kitty proceeds to attack like Wolverine and literally shreds the bed sheet into many many pieces. My dad then has to pin him down to the floor with the broom and I stuff him into the cat carrier.

At this point you'd think the story is finished, but Jasper gives one last fight. If you've ever seen Christmas Vacation, there is that scene where Aunt Bethany wraps up her cat and Chevy Chase wrestles with the box... Yeah, Jasper in the cat carrier was exactly like that. After about 15 minutes, he calmed down and we were able to get him to the new house.

Since then, we've developed a mutual respect. But I thought this was a good story to share

image1.jpg

LOL, and maybe not so funny - we plan to move in a couple months, a 12 hour drive to the new location, and I have two cats. Still trying to figure out all the logistics.

Glad you got it accomplished and I'm sure I will too, but I look forward to it being a done deal!

I HAVE to put my tap brushes in after pouring a pint or the kitties will start licking the perlicks like there's no tomorrow. They love the beers!

Edit: Holy autocorrect! Tap brushes = tattoo Brodie? Go home google, you're drunk

I know the idea is anathema to some folks, but have you considered having her chipped?

Yeah we are definitely going to do that. Luckily she has stopped trying to rip her collar off! Plus, she would miss sleeping on my legs all night she would come back in a heartbeat if she ran away. Lol.

Aw, sweet guy!!

My oldest made it to 22. She learned to actually enjoy a warm washcloth to wipe her face for her. They get to where they just can't bathe themselves any more, or maybe they just don't shiv a git!

Hmm... I might try a damp washcloth on his face. Unfortunately, I really need to get a brush and brush him regularly as he gets stuff in his fur. Feels like cat litter, but I'm not sure. He's an indoor-only cat, but sometimes petting him feels like petting a box of sand.

Something my two really have grown to love is one of these mitts that has silicone nubbies on it - like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ714W3/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Took the more skitzy one a while to get used to it, but the other cat fell in love instantly with it. On that old feller, I'd go easy with it for a while til you get the knots and stuff out of his fur. He might really enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back