Cashmere Hops - Anyone else getting loads of Passionfruit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yalc

Reaction score
Just took a taste of my latest IPA with Summit for bittering and Cashmere for everything else, including Dry Hopping. I am getting a snoutfull of passionfruit and a melange of tropical fruits in the taste. An amazing hop! Anyone else a fan?

Yep! Just last night I pulled the first couple of pours from a keg of APA I brewed about a month ago using a small charge of Bravo for bittering followed by the following doses of Cashmere:
28g - 15 Minutes
28g - Flameout/Whirlpool
28g - Dry Hop (in Fermenter)
28g - Dry Hop (in Keg)

Passionfruit is definitely a major player in the aroma along with some honeydew/cantaloupe and a hint of lime. Getting some of those flavors as well along with ripe peach and a sweet spicy finish. Very interesting, indeed.

Yep! Just last night I pulled the first couple of pours from a keg of APA I brewed about a month ago using a small charge of Bravo for bittering followed by the following doses of Cashmere:
28g - 15 Minutes
28g - Flameout/Whirlpool
28g - Dry Hop (in Fermenter)
28g - Dry Hop (in Keg)

Passionfruit is definitely a major player in the aroma along with some honeydew/cantaloupe and a hint of lime. Getting some of those flavors as well along with ripe peach and a sweet spicy finish. Very interesting, indeed.

Funny you said Melon cause that was my first impression. Then I got overwhelming tropical fruits.
I love it as a single hop but would also love to see how it plays with other hops.

Latest posts

Back