Cascade/Zeus Recipe & First Partial Mash Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeUltima

Reaction score
I have recently acquired 1lb each of Cascade and Zeus hops and I was just wondering if anyone could recommend me some good recipes to try with them? I prefer Pale Ales & IPAs, but I'm open to all suggestions.

I should also mention that this is my first partial mash, as I normally do all-grain and split it into two large SS pots then boil on the stove. I've lost an element so, I can't do a full wort boil now. My question is: Would it be better to do the smaller mash in my mash tun or in a SS pot like I see in every video on the subject?

Most of the partial-mash recipes I've seen call for about 3lbs of grains. Is this really the limit or could I maybe cut the 2-row by half from an all-grain recipe. Then before the boil add half the malt extract called for by the extract version of the recipe?

I just bought 32lbs of bulk pale malt extract, but I would still love to keep it as grainy as possible until I can replace the element.

Back