Caribou Slobber Brown Ale Extract Kit from Northern Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshinefield

Reaction score
Curious if any of you have tried the Northern Brewers Caribou Slobber Brown Ale. If so how pronounced is the roasted coffee flavor it claimed to have? I love a good smooth and balanced Brown Ale but not a fan of coffee and was debating getting this kit based on the rave reviews.

It's a good kit. Smooth as silk. Coffee is present, but plays the background. Pretty subtle in my opinion. NB's Nukey Brown Ale might be better suited for your tastes since you're not fond of coffee flavors.

I am actually drinking one right now, well one of the 5-7 ive had tonight, of the NB caribou slobber extract kit. I will say it has a nice roasted flavor but its not overwhelming in any manner, and as a strong coffee drinker I would assosciate the flaver with more of a chocolate. By the reviews it looks like everyone who makes it enjoys it, including myself. I say brew it and if it isnt quite your cup of tea you can hand it out as family and friends are sure to love it.

That is one of my favorite kits. I don't find the coffee flavor strong at all.

This was my very first kit I did, actually it came out great, very suttle coffee taste but it was present and you could really got a nice sweetness with it. I really liked this kit. If I do another one of these because I like coffee I think I will add about a cup of strong coffee to the secondary so t comes through a little more.

My 2nd kit.

I've since moved on to making up my own recipes, but this was the best pre-assembled kit I ever did.

I made that one last year at Christmas time, shared it with my team from work. It turned out great, I'll probably make that one again soon.

I made this kit last year and I really enjoyed it. As others have said smooth and good flavor without any overpowering coffee flavor. For more really good reviews go look at NB's site because they have a load of reviews and almost every one of their kits are 5 star rated.

Back