Carbination Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triton

Reaction score
Just tapped my keg, did a stout extract, my question is the bubbles in the beer don't seem a big as store bought beer, my beer is not flat it just seems different. is this normal? I'm I just use to store bought beer? I carbinated at 30 psi for two days and then backed it down to twelve psi for two weeks with a six foot beer line in a refer at 40 degrees.

Are you comparing it to store bought keg beer, or bottles? It really shouldn't make a whole lot of difference, but it might.

For future reference, get rid of the 30psi for two days method. If you're going to let it sit for 2 weeks anyways, you might as well set it to 12psi and forget it rather than risk overcarbing it.

Ok sounds good I'll just go with 12psi next time. I was speaking of carbination in bottled beer but now that you ask I see where your going. Well I'm still happy with my first brew, thanks for the help!

Here's the graph that BobbyM posted on force carbing. Hopefully it will help.

forcecarbillustrated.gif

Masshole, I absolutely love that thread. I point to that almost anytime I see someone trying to carbonate at 30psi. I hate seeing newbie keggers posting threads about foam and other various issues due to overcarbonation because they pumped 30psi into it and shook the hell out of the keg for a few days.

My thinking on kegging.... you've already waited (hopefully) 3-4 weeks for the beer to ferment, why get antsy while carbonating it? A few extra weeks will only benefit your beer.

Back