carb cap tee piece

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
hi anyone use these to carb and serve like a minikeg

1693250817828.png

i found this and i like the size and shape and i am going to try to carb and serve beer in them. anyone try this before?

1693250845906.png

its 2.5 liters
thanks

I used mine to carbonate some water once just to see if it could. It can.

The bottle looks intriguing. Kind of like a free Oxebar minikeg (as long as you like whatever comes in it;) ). Except that it takes a standard one liter soda bottle cap instead of the PCO38, right?

It's hard to estimate the size of the threads on that barrel bottle. The 3-liter bottles are different from 1 and 2 liters. The Oxebar tapping head would fit if it's larger.

In Brooklyn they sell them at netcost markets. I picked one up today for 5.99. the cap is standard soda bottle which fits kegkand carb caps and tee piece not oxebar. Oxebar is bigger and it’s harder to find bottles with the bigger size cap. Oxebar also claims some superior oxygen barrier than standard plastic bottles but not sure.
this little plastic keg / growler is very nice . I like that it short and squat cause I was worried about the system being top heavy especially when getting low in beer.
it’s filled with kvass a weird sweet low alcoholic bread wine that I don’t care for it will go in the drain. I plan to re use bottle.
they also had a3.5 liter for 6.49 with soda size cap But that one was taller. They also sold 3 liter with soda cap but those were tall and thin like 2 liter pop bottles
nervous about the plastic retaining kvass flavor. I’ve had problems with root beer and plastic pet bottles.
im getting the tee piece tomorrow to try out these mini kegs.
seems like it could be versatile addition To my kegging set up.

I've used mine with a 2L bottle a couple times for remainders after the large kegs have been filled. Useful for avoiding waste.

1693346792258.jpeg

1693346837818.jpeg

1693346932228.jpeg

got my tee pieces and carb caps for less than 30$. picked up one of the 3.5 liter bottles and another 2.5 and i’m ready to go. these look great fit anywhere hold pressure and are super versatile. I’m going to pick up a couple more of the three point fives and put priming sugar in them so that I can store them in basement at 70 and then bring them into the kegerator one by one but it seems there’s so many things you can do with this.

picked up one of the 3.5 liter bottles
I like the look of that sized bottle. I have been thinking about a portable keg system build around the 4L Kegland PET kegs, but I have not seen them in stock anywhere. It is not a product I recall seeing here in Northern Virginia. If it is made in Russia, it might be hard to come by these days.

I have been thinking about a portable keg system build around the 4L Kegland PET kegs, but I have not seen them in stock anywhere.
I've decided those suckers must be made of Unicorn fur or something. I'd really like to get my hands on a few of those bottles too, but I'd be shocked if I could find them locally and I don't get up to the NY/NJ area that often anymore. Maybe DC?

Back