Car recall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, this is just another money grab by injury lawyers and your good old government. Yes, there have been several deaths. Were they caused by the air bags or by the accident that caused the airbag to go off? Remember, every one of those deaths was also an automobile car wreak....and a lawyer looking to make a buck....and the government jumps in for a piece of the pie by levying large fines.

Has anyone seen a news story on how many lives are SAVED because of airbags? Of course not, no sense injecting reason into the insanity...no money to made there. Never mind that it was our government (huge collection of lawyers) who mandated the auto industry to install these devices, but now they fine the manufacturers. Why? Because they have the money! Guess who will actually pay for all of this, you, in the form of even higher car prices.

Where are the drivers...I know they are dead...but what about their actions? Did they obey the traffic laws? Was there excessive speed involved? Failure to control the automobile? Drunk? Hey, these are real questions, ALL those dead drivers were involved in a car wreak. The airbags don't just wait until you are buckled in and then blow up and kill you. They go off after you smacked into something...and smacked it pretty dang hard too in my experience.

I would advise Takata to suspend all shipments of airbags to all manufacturers. That would in effect shut down the whole auto industry. Thousands out of work, and outta work union guys, oh my! The trickle down would effect anyone who had anything to do with manufacturing autos...like the radio guys, seat cushion ladies...all outta work. Then the government guys would have Congressmen chewing on their ass because now they pissed off the voters...gotta keep the voters happy, it's an election year.

Short story, good people die every day, and some die from doing something stupid like texting and driving and slamming into a telephone pole, but the airbag killed them. BS. It's a money grab and they raping the manufacturer because his pockets are the deepest.

Just drive your Honda like you have two brain cells that touch, pay attention, and watch the road...odds are very good you will make it home.
Have you ever PERSONALLY watched an airbag deploy? In my fire department training, we have set off about a dozen bags in the last three years. The videos of them launching a spare tire 30+ feet in the air? That sh*t is real. There is a video out there of a firefighter getting blown clean out of a car when someone crushed the control module -- they had the roof cut off already, he was kneeling on the passenger seat and someone crushed the control module. If I remember right, he landed 15' from the car.

Now imagine a small piece of metal breaks loose during the deployment of that airbag. There is a term for it. SHRAPNEL. It can, and will, seriously hurt you. It has nothing to do with lawyers - a recall has nothing to do with lawsuits, etc. It is a demonstrated, documented safety risk on a vehicle.

Came across the letter about this recall this morning. It says I was initially notified of the issue in September 2014, and parts were available in May of 2015. Probably should have done it before now. :eek:
Nah, you're good.

My 2002 Honda was recalled in '14 to inspect the inflator, at that time it was determined that it wasn't a problem unit. Then, in mid '15, it was determined that it WAS a problem unit, and I got a second recall to replace it.

Back