Car Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
So I have a 2007 Honda Accord that is coming off lease at the end of this month. Like the rest of the North East, we got hammered with snow. When I moved it to shovel around, I noticed a small puddle of rust colored liquid, between where the rear tires were. If it were RWD, I would think it would be right under the transfer case, but its not.

Problem is, I have a 3rd party inspector coming out next week for the end of lease inspection. Anyone have any idea what this could be?

If it was one side or the other, I might think, brake fluid. But in the middle, rusty water has my vote.

You know, that makes sense. I have not driven it in god knows how long, and it was the exact color of rust.

I would have to say +1 on the rusty water as well. There is also the chance that if you parked it facing uphill, a leak from the transmission could have slithered its way down towards the rear of the car and picked up dirt/salt along the way giving it an orange rusty color. Safest bet is to put some cardboard underneath it after you park it and see if anymore spots show up.

You got some salty snow up in under there somewhere and now it's melting and bringing some rust from the body or suspension down with it. If there is no differential, or power transfer to the rear wheels, I can't think of anything that might leak back there.

Back