Capella flavoring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried their flavor drops in a brew? I am wondering how much might be needed, their bottles are 13ml which doesn't seem like very much... I want try try a chocolate porter secondaried onto a couple vanilla beans and add the Capella graham cracker flavoring at bottling.. Any guidance is appreciated!

I've used the same flavouring in my ST Pum-King clone. I used a couple of teaspoonsful for each 5 gal batch at kegging. If Jesus were here and we ran out of pumpkin pie on his favorite holiday (Thanksging, duh). This beer is into what he would turn water.

So how much did you end up putting in here and how did the flavor come through? I'm considering something similar and I'm wondering how many bottles I should buy.

The original reply said a couple tsp for a 5 gal batch. The bottles I think are like .4 oz which came to 2.4ish tsp.. So I ended up using the full deal at bottling. Just bottled it Monday so I am not sure if it's going to be too much or too little at this point.. I just hope it's not too overpowering because the chocolate porter with the van beans had a nice aroma & taste to it!

Back