Cantillon Kriek

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftbeerfan

Reaction score
When it comes to 100% lambic, Cantillon kriek comes to my mind first. Anybody have the same thoughts? Never knew about this beer until I stumbled upon Craft Beer Kings and Rate Beer.

First time tasting this, the woody and oaky flavor with grape and red wine are quite obvious. A little bitter. And a little dry on the end. But unique to my taste.

This subforum is for brewing lambic and wild beers, not for discussing commercial lambics, as good as they may be.

Also, have you had the Drie Fonteinen Kriek? I might like that one even better. There is a bottle of the 3F Schaersbeekse Kriek sitting on the shelf of a store near me, but I can never convince myself to pay $35 for the bottle, even though it has even better reviews than the Cantillon or regular 3F kriek. I also really like Boon Mariage Parfait Kriek.

I like their gueze, the Kriek is good but I like hannsens artisanal better. The hannsens has more funk and that is something I like a lot.

Cantillon is just a super cool traditional brewery. Visiting it really made me respect their approach at making beer.

Back