Can't stand waiting for my 1st batch- start 2nd

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer

Reaction score
yea, can't stand waiting. So, I've decided to buy another bucket and ingredients, and get another one started. The only problem is that i really like a nice sweet(ish) amber beer with nice fruit hints. But, the temp where I'll do the fermenting is probably 74-80. I may be able to get it cooler, but probably not 100% of the time.

Any ideas in terms of recipe and yeast?:tank:

I just brewed my first batch on Saturday and I did a Belgian Strong Golden Ale using WLP 550 yeast which says to keep at 70-78 during fermentation. The room I am storing it in stays 71-75 this time of year. Not that I'm at all experienced, I just know there are higher temp fermenting brews out there so I am curious to see the other replies on here.

Swamp cooler to get the temps in control...... Cheap and easy. Or you can brew something with yeasts that like higher ferment temps. Belgians and Saisons work great.

Get two more fermenters and brew some more. I brewed 4 batches before I even tasted my first. I am now addicted to the hobby and constantly am thinking of different recipies to brew.

I'm with ya, got my first batch (oatmeal stout) in a keg force carbinating and my second batch (blood orange hefe) fermenting and planning the third, a pumpkin. Every time I go to the basement to check on them I want to pull some off the tap. Both of these fermented at a steady 78-79 degrees and don't seem to have any problems or off tastes.

Good luck with your brews!

HeyPaulie try the swamp cooler to get temps down, it will make a world of difference. One of the first things I took care of as a new brewer was fermentation temp control, keep your yeasties happy and they will reward you with great beer.:mug:

HeyPaulie try the swamp cooler to get temps down, it will make a world of difference. One of the first things I took care of as a new brewer was fermentation temp control, keep your yeasties happy and they will reward you with great beer.:mug:

I may have to give it a try, worried about temps going up and down a lot though.

brew a belgian or french saison with some bitter orange peel and coriander. Those yeast LOVE warm brewing temps!

Absolutely! planned for batch #4, would have been #3 but I want the pumpkin to age a bit before the holidays

Back