Canmore Brew Guy's EHERMS Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canmorebrewguy

Reaction score
Hello All, I am looking for some input on what are the must haves on the HLT, MLT and BK. I am just starting my EHERMS build and have done a lot of reading on this forum. I will be welding in all of the TC Ferrules myself so really anything goes.

A few questions I have?
  • Are sight guages good or bad?
  • Thought on bottom drains instead of wall mounted drains?
  • Should I use mechanical thermometers or just stick with my thermocouples?

Here is a quick pick of the Tangential inlet I put in my BK today.

20151101_152625.jpg

You probly need to edit them before you upload.
Sight glass is good if it's protected especially if you may bump it while cleaning.
Bottom drains may work on you BK, MT not sure how well it will work on BK as it may suck up too much hop.
If your using thermocouple I wouldn't bother with mechanical. Get something you can dip to compare in case your thermocouple is off.
You in Canmore Ab.

You probly need to edit them before you upload.
Sight glass is good if it's protected especially if you may bump it while cleaning.
Bottom drains may work on you BK, MT not sure how well it will work on BK as it may suck up too much hop.
If your using thermocouple I wouldn't bother with mechanical. Get something you can dip to compare in case your thermocouple is off.
You in Canmore Ab.

I am in Canmore

Back