Candy Apple Experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackAtack

Reaction score
I'm a relatively new homebrewer (I have 3 batches under my belt in the last 3 months) and don't want to stick to just recipes. I'm kinda taking recipes and modifying now. Being festive though, I want to try a candy apple beer. I'm still learning how much of certain ingredients need to be added to get adequate flavoring. If somebody could help me "adjust" this recipe I'd really appreciate it!

ForumRunner_20120830_214851.jpg

What type of beer are you wanting to add candy apple flavor to? Having a hard time thinking of a style that it would compliment. A little more information on what you want to end up with would be very helpful. Have you considered just doing a hard cider?

I haven't put a ton of thought into it yet honestly. I come up with ideas but I don't know how much of what ingredients to use. Like I know there is no magic number, but I don't want too little of something and I don't want it overpowering your beer either. I have thought about hard ciders, I've just never made them yet. Do you know of any good cider recipes I can mess around with?

Back