Candi sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnrulyGentleman

Reaction score
Tried searching, but couldn't find a clear answer to my admittedly dumb question:

Brewing a dubbel tomorrow, first time brewing a Belgian of any sort, and wanted to use candi sugar as opposed to the cane sugar the recipe calls for. I bought a 1lb bag of Brewer's Best Dark Candi Sugar (rock, not syrup) and am not positive how much to substitute or, frankly, when to add it to the boil. Clarifications: I do BIAB and this particular batch called for 8oz of cane sugar. Any help?

I brewed an extract Dubbel a while ago. Five gallon batch. The recipe called for one pound of dark candi sugar added 15 minutes before the end of the boil. All grain would probably not be any different in amount and time of addition to the boil kettle.

I think rock is pure sugar, so it would be 1 for 1 with plain sugar. Syrup would be different.

Back