Can You Help Me Turn This In To An AG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody189

Reaction score
Hi. I've only made 2 batches so far, and they have both been extract. for my last batch I made this recipe:

Weinstephan Wheat

Grains
1 lb Munich
1/3 lb Crystal

extracts
1 qt pale
1 qt wheat

Hops
1 oz Hallertau (bittering)
1/2 oz Hallertau (finishing)

White Lab Liquid Yeast, Hefeweizen Ale Yeast WLP300

I'm looking for a similar AG recipe but I'm not sure how to find one/pick one. Can you give me a name of a recipe, or ingredient list, or link to a good recipe?

I like the way mine came out, and would like to make it again, but wanted to try AG.

Thanks

I don't know what a qt of extract weighs, but I think I remember 7 pounds of extract = 10 pounds of grain. I don't know how to help you in terms of quarts.

would this wind up tasting Pale Ale-y??

I'm wondering because my recipe called for 1/2 pale and 1/2 wheat. But the other one calls for 2/3 Pale, adn 1/3 wheat. Should I alter the recipe so it's 50/50?

What type of Wheat malt should I use?
And also, is 2-row malt the same as 2-row Pale malt?

You can, but using a higher amount of wheat means your going to need some rice hulls to prevent a stuck sparge. Unless your doing BIAB.

You can, but using a higher amount of wheat means your going to need some rice hulls to prevent a stuck sparge. Unless your doing BIAB.

OKay. I'm gonna need a little clarification because this iis gonna me be my 1st AG batch (3rd altogether).

I plan on adding some orange zest like I did to the original extract recipe I used. You think it would be good w/ this recipe?

Latest posts

Back