Can you do this with a regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlscan26

Reaction score
So I upgraded from a 5lb tank to a 10lb one and needed to swap the orientation of the regulator from left facing to right facing for the whole thing to fit on my bench under the cabinets above it.

Now my high pressure gauge is upside down which made me rethink my decision to swap this around...Are there any issues with swapping the side the tank connects from? Is there a way to rotate the gauge or to buy one that is right side up on this side of the regulator?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397017880.715076.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Maybe switch the gauges. Both would have the same orientation and would be a little easier to read, use some teflon tape to make sure you seal it up nice. If not id look around on the internet for one facing the right way.

BearClaw - you can't switch the gauges - the low pressure has to be on top of the gauge. I used Teflon and pipe thread sealant so I think I'm good there.

Zachattack - thanks! All the setups I can remember seeing have gone right to left and I couldn't see why it would matter that I'd switched it but was worried maybe there was a reason that wasn't obvious. The upside down gauge I can live with. It's basically just good for letting me know that the tank has CO2 or is empty

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back