Can you classify this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thechasm442

Reaction score
I just moved my beer into the secondary for dry hopping and I have been out of the game for a while, a long while. I was aiming for a pale but it's not there. Can anyone classify this based on my recipe? I was thinking just a simple session ale. Thanks

1 lb caracrystal malt. 30 mins
2 canisters briess pale ale extract 60 mins
1 oz galaxy hops 60 mins
1/2 oz Citra last 5 mins
Wyeast 1056

Dry hop

2 oz Amarillo 1.5 oz Citra for 2 weeks

OG 1.042

1 week 1.010

More in the IPA lower rang with that amount of hops I believe. What's your IBU's? Plus 2 weeks dry hop seems a bit much usually 5 days will get you where you want to be.

Actually I read your hop additions wrong, you may be a little low. But the 2 week dry hop still seems long.

IBU is 48. And thanks for the advice on cutting back dry hop time. Would you recommend moving to another carboy after dry hopping to round the beer out more? Thanks!

Moving to another carboy (secondary) is a method that is going out of fashion. I would ferment that for 2 weeks, dry hop in primary for 5-7 days then either bottle it or cold crash, then bottle/keg.

Back