Can You Brew It Lagunitas IPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatfieldenator

Reaction score
I can honestly say that this recipe is FREAKING AWESOME!

I brewed it almost exactly as described on the show except I replaced the Summit and Horizon bittering hops with a single addition of Warrior hops (0.25 oz/6 gallon recipe). I also used an entire ounce of Centenial and Cascade hops for the dry hop instead of the 21grams recommended in the recipe. I also did not do the 160 degree mash temperature suggested. Instead I mashed at 153. Oh and I also used Crystal 20L instead of Crystal 10L (probably not a big deal, but had to mention it)

This beer turned out INCREDIBLE. This is by far my best homebrew yet!

If you are looking for an excellent IPA to brew, look no further. I'm probably going to do another batch this weekend because I know this one is not going to last long, especially after my IPA-obsessed friend comes over this week to try it! I plan on doing 10gallons next time!

Here's the recipe as described on the show: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/can-you-brew-recipe-lagunitas-ipa-175370/

OH and I used the Wyeast 1968 yeast and made a 1.5L starter. This was my first ever homebrew where I made a starter and I'm sure it helped because the beer is as perfect as I could want it.

Not to be rude but with all those changes, you didn't make lagunitas. You made your own. Take credit
where credit is due

Whenever I have a Lagunitas I always taste amarillo and cascade hops in there. Maybe my tastes are too focused on the grapefruit/citrus type flavor profile and are just confused, but I get those notes.

I brewed it almost exactly as described on the show except

LOL. Sounds great, but was one of the funnier posts I've read today. I brewed it exactly the same... except I did everything different!

If it is good, take credit!

Sorry guys, I was "sampling" a few last night while I wrote that. Reading it now it sounds pretty ridicuolous. At least it gave a few of you a good laugh?

But, yeah, it still turned out really good:)

So can we have a straightforward recipe of the stuff you made that came out so good?

Back