Can we please break down this brewery picture attached?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruuuger

Reaction score
I consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to brewing equipment and brewhouses, but i'm confused with this one. I'm having trouble posting pics and i understand i can upload them from photobucket, etc....

anyways, can someone take a look at the link and upload a pic of the complete brewery, with arrow/labels/text boxes explaining what each item is/does.

If anyone has anything else to add, maybe uploading the original pic with your input would be best.

Hopefully, myself, as well as others, can learn a little bit more and get a good discussion going.

http://probrewer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16005

for instance:

based off the picture, looks to be BK on left, HLT in middle (double capacity), and Mash/lauter on right. what are the small 5 gal pots on the left and right? is the one on the right used for vaurloff where the wort pools there, fill, then gets pumped back through the top?

is the one on the left a chiller of some sort, with a coil in it? and beers circulates through prior to fermenter?

lol at small 5 gallon pots those are likely 20/30/40/50 gallon pots probably close to a 55 gallon oil drum I'd be willing to bet

-=jason=-

Man, that's not that crazy of a price for that sized system. Look at Premier Stainless' client list too, pretty impressive. Alesmith, Pizza Port, Cigar City, and the list goes on.

hot liquor on the left, boil kettle in the middle, mash tun on the right. Smaller object on the left is most likely a hop back. smaller object on the right is most likely a Grant. If you look closely under the left hand side of the stand is the chiller. The rest is just plumbing and control boxes.

Back